GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON ROLL CAKE WITH BACON AND BLUEBERRIES
You can appreciate the finer things in life, right? OF COURSE YOU CAN! After all, you wouldn’t be here on Fantaskey if you didn’t love the best things life has to offer.
SO, do sweet treats ever come to your mind when you’re thinking of some of the best things in life? Okay, and we don’t want to put words in your mouth at all about bacon…but you like bacon as well, don’t you? The curve ball in all of this is, of course, blueberries. While we know blueberries are absolutely great for us, we don’t often think of blueberries when thinking of indulgences. However, in this instance, blueberries are the perfect complement to the salty, savory bacon and the sweet, dense cake.
Alright, well check out the below recipe if you want an amazingly tasty cake that’s easy to bake. If you like cinnamon rolls, cake and bacon, then you will love this dessert (and just trust us on the blueberries). Of course, you don’t have to make this cake Gluten Free, however you will have to play with the ratios to find what works for you because it could differ slightly if you aren’t using the Rice Flour like we used here.
Without further delay, see below for an easy recipe for Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Cake With Bacon And Blueberries:
3 Cups Brown Rice Flour
2 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Pure Cane Sugar
1/2 Cup Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
Oil or Cooking Spray (for baking sheet so the cake won’t stick)
6 Strips Bacon
1 Cup Blueberries
Large Bowl (preferably non-stick metal or glass)
2 Smaller Bowls
Mixing Bowl or Whisk (obviously a whisk will be more work than a mixer)
- First, mix your Sugar and Cinnamon together in the smaller bowl and keep this separate.
- Second, mix all other dry ingredients together in your larger bowl…then, sprinkle about 1/4 of your Cinnamon/Sugar mixture into the dry ingredient bowl and mix again.
- Third, now pour your 2 Cups of your Almond Milk and Crack Your Eggs into the larger bowl as well.
- NOW, combine the whole mixture thoroughly and let it sit for a few minutes. Your batter should be thicker than pancake batter, but not quite as thick as a normal cinnamon roll dough.
- Cover your Baking Pan with your Oil/Cooking spray and then pour your mixture into the pan.
- After your cake batter is in the pan, add roughly 2/3 of what’s remaining of your Cinnamon/Sugar mixture-in 3 separate sequences-and mix the batter and cinnamon sugar mixture thoroughly each time (in swirl patterns :)) before adding more. (Keep some cinnamon sugar for after your cake is baked)
- Your Cake is READY TO BAKE.
- Put it in at 400 Degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes (or until you can pull a toothpick out without raw batter…like with a traditional cake).
- (While your cake is baking, cook your bacon and wash some blueberries. ALSO, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar & 1/2 cup almond milk to your 2nd smaller bowl. Also, add 1/2 of what’s left of your cinnamon sugar; keeping half for after. MIX your Icing mixture up thoroughly and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. When ready to serve, mix it up again and feel free to add a bit more liquid if it has hardened up too much).
- ONCE YOUR CAKE IS DONE BAKING, you can let it sit for 10 minutes. Now, drizzle 1/2 of your icing on-pour the rest of your cinnamon sugar mixture on-then drizzle the rest of your icing on and then place a piece of bacon on each piece, plus drop some tasty blueberries on the plate.
VOILA! You have made a simple, amazingly tasty treat that you would be lucky to find a match to at any gourmet restaurant or bakery. But, you just did this in your own house! 🙂 WOW!
This Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Cake With Bacon and Blueberries is great for a sweet breakfast, dessert or snack.
We hope you get to try this recipe soon and…we hope you LOVE IT! 🙂